- Speedy home sale…price it right! Set a price at the lower end of your property’s realistic price range. Too often sellers want to “start high” and “drop” if needed. Listen to your Realtor’s suggestions regarding this tactic.
- Get your house market ready for at least two weeks before you begin showing it. Painting, carpet cleaning, repair items, yard maintenance, etc. need to be accomplished prior to the “for sale” sign in the yard! You can’t highlight your home’s strengths if it can be seen in a “de-cluttered” light.
- Be flexible about showings. It’s often disruptive to have a house ready to show on the spur of the moment, but the more often someone can see your home, the sooner you’ll find a buyer. You don’t want a potential buyer to find another home because your home wasn’t ready to show.
- Be ready for the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable. Don’t refuse to drop the price. If your home has been on the market for more than 30 days without an offer, be prepared to lower your asking price.
- Listen to your Realtor! He/she is the professional you’ve hired to sell your property. Trust their suggestions for a speedy home sale!
If you would like to comment on this post, feel free to send me an email. Thanks!